Flovers Hat - Beach Ultimate Frisbee Tournament
Flovers so F-lovers. Let's open F a bit. We are Frisbee Lovers and at the same time Flov-ers so Flow Artists and Flowers so Flower Children. We are all of them, so we are all.
When we started talking about this name, it was first loved by the whole team.
We had a few more days of brainstorming and we found more names. We went round, we roamed and we picked it out of all the names. We love this name, please also love it! Some other names we talked about were: 34½ Hat, Disco Bongo, ChillMill, WindChill, Hat Yea! ...
Let me explain if you do not know; Hat, the type of tournament. Hat has become a term that expresses individual participation and that teams are drawn by pulling in the hat.
The participant enters into a hat by specifying his name and level, and now he has a team when he comes out of the draw end hat. Matches with this team. It meets new people and also shares the spirit of being a team with these new acquaintances.
U.F.I.C. (Ultimate Frisbee İzmir Collective)
Ultimate Frisbee İzmir Collective since 2012, regularly makes training and matches in different districts of İzmir. The social networking site communicates via facebook and whatsapp to organize meetings and announcements.
U.F.I.C. who has had the opportunity to get to know himself better with the Flowers Hat is hosting the tournament to meet new players and share the spirit of the game.
Ultimate is played on the beach. 75mx25m sand is played with 5 person teams. Ultimate rules apply.
Beach Ultimate is a team sport played in three formats: Open (men), Women, and Mixed (co-ed). Each team has 5 players on the field and the objective is to score points by catching the flying disc (Frisbee™) in the endzone of the opponent (similar to American Football). The team that first scores 13 points, or the team that has scored most points after 45 minutes, wins.Defense is like basketball as well: defenders try and stay close to the offenders and block the disc. Once a disc in intercepted or touches the ground the teams switch from defense to offense and vice versa.
Physical contact is generally considered a foul. When a player is fouled he/she will call ‘Foul’ and the play stops. If the opponent agrees, the fouled-upon player gets the disc and the play continues. If not, the disc goes back to the thrower.
If you need more information about Ultimate sports, please feel free to contact us. Our personalized classes, given by experienced people, join us and enhance themselves by meeting other people and groups who are interested in this sport.
Ultimate in 10 Simple Rules
- The Field:A rectangular shape with end zones at each end. A regulation eld is 70 yards by 40 yards, with end zones 25 yards deep.
- Initiate Play: Each point begins with both teams lining up on the front of their respective end zone line. The defense throws (“pulls”) the disc to the offense. A regulation game has seven players per team.
- Scoring: Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense’s end zone, the offense scores a point. Play is initiated after each score.
- Movement of the Disc: The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc (“thrower”) has ten seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower (“marker”) counts out the stall count.
- Change of Possession: When a pass in not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop, block, interception), the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense.
- Substitutions: Players not in the game may replace players in the game after a score and during an injury time out.
- Non-contact: No physical contact is allowed between players. Picks and screens are also prohibited. A foul occurs when contact is made.
- Fouls: When a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs. When a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
- Self-Of ciating: Players are responsible for their own foul and line calls. Players resolve their own disputes.
- Spirit of the Game: Ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of play.
Meet the Team
Tahir Orçun Bütev
Fitness & Health Coach
Banu Baltalı Ogur
Yoga & Pilates Trainer
Umut Baran Kocabay
Ali Cem Şimşek
Gizem Ece Düldül
Hasan Kaan Nazlı
Arda Can Batuhan
Join the Team
The entire team is expected to be in the field of organization until the end of the tournament on Sunday, September 24th, on the morning of 22nd September, the day before the tournament day unless there is a specific situation.
Affairs of the Heart
Info desk / record desk, tournament fixture, event schedule, and communication.
They will be responsible for keeping track of time consistent with the tournament schedule, passing scores to the tournament desk, collecting spirit points, setting up the field and arranging the field lines.
They will be responsible for the establishment of the activity / play area and the tent area, the environmental order, following the water / demiplo, health and safety.
Food / Drink
They will be responsible for kitchen work and food preparation.
They will be responsible for the withdrawal of event photos and videos. (People with equipment are preferred.)
They will be responsible for the music and performances during the festival and during the party. (People with equipment are preferred.)
Note: Volunteers can be found in the rotation according to the intensity of the volunteer work.
The Flowers Hat 2017 volunteer application has been finalized. Thank you for your attention.
In the west of Turkey, the pearl of the Aegean, located on the shores of the Aegean Sea, is a city of abundance, abundance and beauty.
As the third largest city in Turkey, İzmir is waiting for you to explore with its 300 day sun, 629 km coastline, every ton of blue of the sea and golden color beaches, with suitable climate conditions.
For more information about Izmir: visitizmir.org
Altinkum is the most beautiful beaches in the region, with a cool, clear sea and no waves, located on the south west side of the peninsula.
Altinkum is away from the crowd of Çeşme because of its special location but close to the center. It is surrounded by bamboo trees and sand hills that cut the famous strong wind of Çeşme and it presents a unique paradise with its golden sand.
Click for more Altinkum visuals: google.com
The weather forecast for 22-23-24 September is currently at an average of 20 degrees for the day and 27 degrees for the night and mostly sunny.
In September the weather is calmer in Cesme than in summer, the temperature drops, the wind decreases and the sea stagnates. For the locals of Çeşme, the seaside is September-October.
For more current weather forecasts: accuweather.com
Dharma Beach Club
The fountain will be home to the tournament with a 200 meter long beach, which is only ten minutes away from the center and has a large area with a capacity of 600 people.
Dharma Beach Club, where you can spend pleasant minutes throughout the tournament with golden yellow sand, blue and green integrated sea and beach, will be able to meet all your wishes with the rich menu as well as the classical species of Turkish and World Cuisine.
For more information you can visit Dharma Beach Club Official Web Site.